auto / Truck accidents OVERVIEW
You are driving down the road minding your own business when – you’re hit. Through no fault of your own, you find yourself with car damage, injuries, loss of work, financial pressures. When the initial shock subsides, you quickly learn that you will be facing a large, sophisticated insurance company with lawyers on hand to protect its interest. As soon as possible, you should consult an attorney to insure someone is there protecting your interests. It is important to take immediate steps to protect yourself, which may include getting a copy of the police report, hiring an investigator to do an accident reconstruction, or simply making sure that you don’t say something wrong to an insurance adjuster who may seem friendly on the phone, but is working for the other side.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How soon do i need an Attorney?
What if the insurance company calls me immediately?
How long do i have to make a claim?
WHAT to bring to your first appointment
- Any letters you have received from the insurance company.
- Any medical reports, papers or off-work slips from any treating physicians.
- Any photos of your injuries or accident scene.
- Any statements from witnesses or co-workers.
- Any letters you have received from attorneys representing the other parties.
- Police Report – if you have one.
- Insurance Policy and Insurance Limits (usually found on your declaration page). If you do not have this, your insurance agent can get you one immediately.
- Copies of any and all medical bills to date for treating the injuries.
- Copies of pay stubs showing the loss of pay.
- Photographs of the cars and injuries.
MONROEVILLE Map IT
125 East South Street
Monroeville, IN 46773
DECATUR Map IT
123 North 1st Street
Decatur, IN 46733